Friday, March 4, 2011

The backless dress

I was watching Jersey Shore and Sammi had on the cutest lil purple backless bandage dress. But unfortunately i was distracted by that horrendous black bra she had on underneath that was way too visible through the dress. I hate to see women inappropriately wearing backless dresses! Now don't get me wrong, I am no fashionista nor am I the fashion police. But even someone as basic (and sometimes downright tomboyish) as me knows that there are certain rules to how one should dress.

Now you see that foolishness?!? If you are going to wear a backless dress, please ladies, wear the appropriate bra. This makes no sense whatsoever. There are bras made for every possible style and cut of dress imaginable. There is no reason why i should have to see your bra (and a bra that doesn't even match your ensemble no less). They have even come up with a 100-way convertible bra! There really is no excuse.


Now this mess here...even worse than me seeing your undergarments! Do people really have no shame?!? Now before you judge, yes i am a big girl (and therefore can talk as much smack as i like) and i know sometimes finding a sexy outfit (to keep up with your lepa/skinny-mini friends) in a double digit size isnt easy. So naturally when you do find one, you sometimes purchase it without thinking. But i am here to tell you today- JUST BECAUSE THEY MAKE IT IN YOUR SIZE DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD WEAR IT! Don't get me wrong, I think every woman should feel comfortable in her own skin and wear what makes her happy. But on the same token- you should also wear what makes you look good. And this right here...not a good look at all!

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the one and only Lady Ngo. *No i did not take any of these pictures you see above- they all came from google*

5 comments:

  1. *yuck!*...ewwwwwwwwwwww! ladies puhleaaseeeee!

    fashion ni, fashion ko? na by force..mschewww!

    just look at the shoulder blade of the skinny blond & the rolls of spare tyres abi love handles for the orohobo! Though i am phat, i am glad i don't have so much extra tyres!

    If pesin tok, they would say; FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION & SPEECH! I dress to fit my body type! & not what the fashion or trend dictates! To me, when i see some crazy designs, i wonder if the pesin was 'high'..abi don smoke gangan, when he /she designed it! :)))))))))))...i gbadun the post o.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, e be like say they no get mirror for house. I cant just see how they look in the mirror and think the outfit is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...Lady Ngo, you will not kill me with laughter. When I first saw the first dark lady, I was like, but there's no bra strap, till I saw your commentary. Totally with you on this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said!!! See that one's rolls like pizza logs!! haba!! and this is somebody's wife and mother o. Could they not have been warned. If this were in Naija, barking dogs would have made her realise the error of her dressing.
    Came here courtesy BVG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t think such hot strapless dresses can be worn without a trusted breast shaper. For me Bye Bra breast stickers are everything. What are your experiences with strapless bras?
    Such backless dresses really enhance our beauty. Wearing them with Bye Bra breast stickers has been a fantastic experience for me. http://byebra.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too